Kids Zipline Guide Support Position Description
Date Approved: December 13, 2018
Location: Klamath Falls, OR, USA
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Primary Category: Seasonal – Entry level, full and part time
Wage: Hourly, DOE $10+
Zipline Guide Supports are critical to the mission of Crater Lake Zipline. They set the tone and help create an unforgettable experience we seek to provide for our guests. They mitigate safety risks for our guests, educating them on local history, wildlife, ecology and geology while putting them at ease with their good nature, humor, and friendliness. Suitable candidates will have the right combination of interpersonal and technical skills, work ethic, and confidence.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Display professional leadership and unforgettable customer service: interacting with guests in a humorous, engaging and friendly manner while providing an educational and exhilarating interpretive experience
- Create, maintain, and articulate a tour narrative
- In cooperation with a guide, oversee the progress and experience of each assigned tour group
- Greet guests promptly and enthusiastically in a warm and professional manner
- Outfit guests according to safety standards
- Challenge or motivate guests during tour as appropriate
- Assist zipline guide with course rescues as instructed
- Help Maintain tour timing efficiently to meet operational time requirements
- Perform daily opening and/or closing procedures of the zipline course as assigned
- Report gear, course, and personal safety concerns/infractions promptly to management
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, safety and technical protocols at all times
- Take guest photos at during tour
- Maintain communication with guide and ground team members using company radios
- Promote social media reviews and opportunities to purchase souvenirs to tour groups
- Assist with overall site appearance, cleanliness, and trail/course maintenance
- Attend required meetings and trainings
- Demonstrate regular and reliable attendance
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships and work as a team
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be 16 years of age by May 18 of the summer for which they are applying
Ability to work long hours and irregular shifts, including weekends
Be able to help handle stressful or emergent situations calmly and effectively
Be creative and able to handle multiple tasks at once
Demonstrate a strong attention to detail
Demonstrate outstanding interpersonal skills
Demonstrated experience successfully working in a team
Prior experience with working with children, athletics, and teams.
Education and/or Experience
No prior experience or training
Ability to speak fluent English. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively before both adults and children in group and individual settings.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Possess Children and Adult First Aid and CPR Certification before first day of work.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds; occasionally lift up to 50 pounds; and move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Training begins in May 18
The season runs from April through October. Exceptions are available for full-time students
Housing and transportation are not provided for this position. Please plan accordingly.
Uniforms and Gear
The company will provide personal protective equipment (harness, helmet, radios, etc.)
Two staff shirts will be provided at no cost. Staff shirts are required at all times.
All guides are required to maintain excellent hygiene and a professional appearance.
This job description is not all inclusive and is subject to change. Additional duties and tasks may be assigned, as necessary. Employment remains “AT-WILL” at all times.
Crater Lake Zipline is a drug-free and equal opportunity employer.
Print Name ___________________________________