CUSTOMER SERVICE & SALES POSITION DESCRIPTION
Customer Service & Sales Position Description
Date Approved: January 16, 2023
Location: Klamath Falls, OR, USA
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Primary Category: Seasonal – Entry level, full and part time
Wage: Hourly, DOE $13+
Customer Service staff are critical to the mission of Crater Lake Zipline. They are often the first contact point for our guests. They set the tone for the unforgettable experience we seek to provide for our guests. They educate guests on what to expect during their tour as well as relaying details on what will be expected of participants during their adventure. Customer service staff not only helps inform guests of all adventure opportunities but will help put guests at ease by answering questions about our tours. Suitable candidates will have the right combination of interpersonal and technical skills, work ethic, and confidence.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Display professional leadership and unforgettable customer service: interacting with guests in a humorous, engaging and friendly manner while providing information, answering questions and collecting contact details and payment information
- Answer Multi-line phone system in a friendly,clear and helpful manner
- Greet guests promptly and enthusiastically in a warm and professional manner
- Relay rules and pre-tour safety information about what to wear and how to prepare for each tour group
- Check guests in on Reservation System
- Verify guest waivers are completed and help them complete on-site when necessary
- Discreetly weigh guests upon check-in
- Measure height and weight of individuals checking in for Sasquatch Hollow kids adventure
- Safely transport guests in UTVs to ground school location
- Perform ground support during course rescues
- Prepare guests lunches as assigned
- Manage tour departure timing efficiently to meet operational time requirements
- Perform daily opening and/or closing procedures of the office and ground facilities as assigned
- Clean and stock outhouses as needed
- Clean and maintain outdoor furniture and grounds as needed
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, safety and technical protocols at all times
- Take guest photos at designated locations
- Upload photos to online photo system for guest purchase
- Maintain communication with guide and ground team members using company radios
- Promote social media reviews and opportunities to purchase souvenirs to tour groups
- Answer email and phone messages promptly
- Assist with overall site appearance, cleanliness, and trail/course maintenance
- Attend required meetings and trainings
- Demonstrate regular and reliable attendance
- Perform other duties as assigned
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be 16 years of age by April 1 of the summer for which they are applying
Ability to work long hours and irregular shifts, including weekends and holidays
Be able to handle stressful or emergent situations calmly and effectively
Be creative and able to handle multiple tasks at once
Be able to use a computer effectively
Be able to answer multi-line phone system
Be able to use a computer point-of-sale system
Demonstrate a strong attention to detail
Demonstrate outstanding interpersonal skills
Demonstrated experience successfully working in a team
Prior experience with retail sales, customer service, hospitality or administrative duties
Post-secondary education in tourism, recreation and hospitality
Education and/or Experience
No prior experience or training
Ability to speak fluent English. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before both adults and children in group and individual settings.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to operate a standard calculator. Ability to use percentages to apply discounts and fees. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have the ability to perform keyboarding, use Microsoft Word, navigate Windows operating systems, knowledge of Internet software and use office equipment such as printers and scanners.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Possess Adult and Child First Aid and CPR Certification before first day of work.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and climb or balance. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds; occasionally lift up to 50 pounds; and move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Training begins upon start date.
The season runs from April through October. Exceptions are available for full-time students
Housing and transportation are not provided for this position. Please plan accordingly.
Uniforms and Gear
The company will provide personal protective equipment (harness, helmet, gloves, radios, etc.)
Two staff shirts will be provided at no cost. Staff shirts are required at all times.
All staff are required to maintain excellent hygiene and a professional appearance.
This job description is not all inclusive and is subject to change. Additional duties and tasks may be assigned, as necessary. Employment remains “AT-WILL” at all times.
Crater Lake Zipline is a drug-free and equal opportunity employer.
Print Name ___________________________________